Someone kissed me

The fourth sequence in Dante’s Heaven is called ‘Love is a Babe’, a sequence of poems around Beatrice’s voice.

Someone kissed me

Someone kissed me ―
Is it blood or lipstick
on my cheek?

Was it a thought
brushed past me
or a moth’s wing

but there, those scarlet stains
on my skin, my white dress.
I walk the Lungarno

near the Ponte Sante Trinit
He's evaporated
Into the crowd

How shall I ever know him again
beyond this touch
and he so pure?
      ---------Jan Kemp
Someone kissed me 
Jan Kemp 
***
TO HEAR THIS POEM GO TO- 
http://www.poetryarchive.org/poetryarchive/singlePoem.do?poemId=8270

          A kiss is a touch that sends your mind turn wild. After hearing the poem "Someone kissed me " by "Jan Kemp" I think the main idea is about the female speaker who got kissed by a random man who she never got to know who. I think this because  when I heard the poem the speaker says "Someone kissed me" which proves that a person kissed her. Also when you hear the poem the speaker says " I walk the Lungarno, near the Ponte Sante Trinit, He's evaporated, Into the crowd" this best illuminates how the female speaker walks in a crowd looking for the person who kissed her but, he eventually runs in a crowd and she never gets to spot him. I also figured out the speaker is a female because the speaker says "He's evaporated"  which best portrays the one who kissed her is a male. I think that the tone of the poem is kind of happy,dreamy and at the same time  defeated. I believe this because in the poem when the speaker says "Was it a thought, brushed past me,or a moth’s wing" this best portrays that the poem is kind of dreamy and happy because the  female speaker explains her feelings as a moth who touched her. I can compare this feeling to a feather touch. Also at the same time I think that the poem is kind of defeated because at the end of the poem the female speaker says"How shall I ever know him again, beyond this touch, and he so pure?" when the speaker Beatrice says this poem her tone seem to be defeated when she says this and when you read these lines over the speaker as well feels  hopeless because the female speaker isn't sure if she will ever meet the one who kissed her on her cheek again.(HOMEWORK 4/4/13)

No comments:

Post a Comment