*******Driven To Madness (a Love Poem)*****

Please help!



I am obsessed.

People say that I'm blessed.

But in reality its a curse.

Its truly the worst.

Whenever its her I see.

It feels more dream than reality.

She's stuck so far in my mind.

That its myself, thats hard to find.

I think about her night and day.

And how my passions always play.

I want to run far far away.

But everything she is, forces me to stay.

The simple flow of her hair.

Has caught me in a deadly snare.

Every time I see her eyes.

I wish our hearts would synchronize.

Every time I see her smile.

My heart turns into a broken pile.

I am a complete mess.

So am I truly blessed?

She's only one out of a billion.

Yet i would love her even if she's reptilian.

I don't know who I am anymore.

My heart feels broken and sore.

I watch her from far away.

As I quietly say.


I love you...
---------------------------------------Sean Schaeffer

                                                                  The worst feeling in the world is when you see the one you love in front of you but can't express your feelings to them. After reading the poem , "Driven to madness (Love poem)" by "Sean Schaeffer" I think the idea is about a male speaker who is in love with a girl but doesn't know how to tell her I love you. I think this because in the poem the speaker says "My heart feels broken and sore. I watch her from far away. As I quietly say. I love you.." this best illuminates that the speaker is in love with a  girl who he admires from far away and says to himself I love you but isn't able to say it to her up front.  To prove that the speaker is male and is in love with the a female girl is when the speaker says "The simple flow of her hair.Has caught me in a deadly snare.Every time I see her eyes.I wish our hearts would synchronize.Every time I see her smile.My heart turns into a broken pile." after reading these stanzas that the speaker says I noticed that the speaker is male because most men admire  a girl's smile,hair and eyes.Also the speaker says "She's one out of a billion" so the male speaker is talking about a female. Going back to the the the lines 13-19 the male speaker as well shows desire,hope and he proves that he is in love with the girl as well. I think this because the male speaker first explains her qualities such as as her hair how it makes him feel dead in another dimension, her eyes that make him desire for their hearts to connect and her smile that makes him loose his mind and cause his heart to break from his love for her. These stanzas best prove the speaker's desires for the girl and how he loves her a lot. The mood of the poem is very desirable and romantic because the male speaker is in crazy love for the girl trying to escape from her ,trying to leave her so he isn't obsessed with her but he can't leave her. At the same time he wishes to tell her I love you but, is scared to which is best proven in the last 2 lines of the poem. This reminds me of a person I know who is in love with a  girl but watches her from far way and isn't able to tell her I love you. He though sends her secret messages on his Facebook statuses to show that he loves her but, is afraid to confront her and tell her. The use of diction in the poem makes the poem be romantic and desirable because when the male speaker says "my, heart, love, you, broken, pile, deadly, stare, mess, think, about, obsessed and synchronize best portray that the poem is desirable and romantic. My personal favorite line in the poem is when the male speaker says "Whenever its her I see.It feels more dream than reality." this best illuminates how when the male speaker sees the girl he admires he feels like he is dreaming because of her beautiful beauty she causes him to dream of her and loose his mind. (HOMEWORK 4/3/13)

No comments:

Post a Comment