I'll Think of You

As I go to sleep, I'll think of you -
The things we've done, the things we'll do -
And my dreams of you will last and love will stay-
though the slumber hours, until the light of day.
And daytime thoughts will keep you near,
and a worried mind, I need not fear -
For your image walks beside me,
in all my plans and schemes -
I wouldn't want it any other way,
I think we'll make a darned good team!
And I'll send you all my love-
Though we're a thousand miles apart,
and you can store it with the rest,
deep within your loving heart.
I'll think of things we've done,
I'll think of things we'll do -
and when I go to sleep my love...
why then, I'll think of you.
david lessard
     
I'll Think of You 
David Lessard    
****            

                   I loved this poem so much. It was very sweet,short and to the plot. Many people like the speaker are in love with people who are far away from them. But, distance can never destroy their love. After reading the poem, "I'll think of you" by "David Lessard" I felt really bad for all the people who are in love with people that are far away from them.I think the idea of the poem is that the speaker will always remember the girl he loves even if she is far away from him. I think this because in the poem the speaker says "As I go to sleep, I'll think of you -, The things we've done, the things we'll do -" this best proves that the speaker must be male and that he is writing to the one he loves when he goes to sleep he will always think of her and think of the things they did and will do. Also to portray that they live far distance from each other when the speaker says "Though we're a thousand miles apart, " best illuminates that they live far form each other. Another way to prove that the idea is that the speaker is remembering his girl is when the speaker says "For your image walks beside me, in all my plans and schemes -" portrays that the male speaker imagines the girl he loves walking beside him and imagining all the things he and her will do together. I as well think that the mood of the poem is very romantic and sad because in the first 5 lines the speaker keeps saying I will remember you all the time through night and day and so on. At first i though the speaker was talking about a loss of his but as I continued to read the poem I learned that he is speaking about the girl he loves who is in another country. At the end tin the last 5 lines the mood becomes very romantic especially the last 2 lines. I love the last line because it makes the speaker say awe or even feel bad for the speaker. When you read the lines "and when I go to sleep my love..., why then, I'll think of you." it makes the reader feel sorry for the speaker and especially the grammar as well makes the reader feel like their in the speakers shoes. I wish that for all the people who love long distance to meet the ones they love and live happily with them.(HOMEWORK 4/3/13)

No comments:

Post a Comment