Annabel Lee 

It was many and many years ago,
In a kingdom by the sea,
That a maiden there lived whom you may know,
By the name of ANNABEL LEE;--
And this maiden she lived with no other thought,
Than to love and beloved by me,
She was a child and I was a child,
In this kingdom by the sea,
But we loved with a love that was more than love,
I and my Annabel Lee--
With a love that winged seraphs of heaven,
Coveted her and me.

And this was the reason that, long ago,
In this kingdom by the sea,
A wind blew out of a cloud by night
Chilling my Annabel Lee;
Sot hat her high-born kinsman came
And bore her away from me
To shut her up in a sepulcher
In this kingdom by the sea.

The angels,not half so happy in Heaven,
Went envying her and me:--
Yes!that was the reason (as all men know,In this kingdom by the sea)
That the wind came out of a cloud,chilling
And killing my Annabel Lee.

But our love it was stronger by far than the love
Of those who were older than we--
Of many far wiser than we-
And neither the angels in Heaven Above,
Not the demons down under the sea,
Can ever dissever my soul from the soul
Of the beautiful Annabel Lee:--

For the moon never beams without bringing my dreams
Of the beautiful Annabel Lee;
And the stars never rise buy I see the bright eyes
Of the beautiful Annabel Lee;
And so, all the night-tide,i lie down by my the side
Of my darling,my darling,my life and my bride,
In her sepulcher there by the sea--
In her tomb by the side of the sea.
------------------------------------------Edgar Allen Poe
Annabel Lee
Edgar Allen Poe
****
                                     After reading the poem "Annabel Lee" by "Edgar Allen Poe" I think the summary of the poem is about  a girl who lived in  the "kingdom of the sea" long ago who loved the speaker of the poem. Both the speaker and the Annabel Lee were children who loved each other allot more powerful than the angles who disliked them allot  Then suddenly a wind chilled and killed Anabel Lee but the speaker remained to love Annabel Lee even though she was dead. They were married and he sat next to her tomb explaining to her about the stars and moon while he lied next to her tomb depressed and upset. I can tell all this by first to tell that they both loved each other is best proven when the in the poem it says "But we loved with a love that was more than love" this illuminates that the loved each other allot. Also to prove that Annabel Lee died is best portrayed when in the poem it states "A wind blew out of a cloud by night, Chilling my Annabel Lee;And bore her away from me" this illuminates that Annabel Lee was struck with wind and she got sick causing her to die and leave the speaker. I think that the speaker is young, depressed and heartbroken because to prove he is young is in the poem it states She was a child and I was a child," shows that they were both young children. I as well think that the speaker is depressed and upset because after the death of his love he still remains to love her and goes to her grave and talks to her about the stars and the moon  This is best proven when in the poem it states "And so, all the night-tide,i lie down by my the side , Of my darling,my darling,my life and my bride," this as well proves that the speaker is still in love with Annabel Lee and can't live without her and even when she is dead he stands by her side. I think that the author of the text of the poem is writing about his own life story because from my prior knowledge I know that Edgar Allen Poe married many women and one of them was 13 years old and she was Annabel Lee. He loved her so much and event though she was very young her didn't care. I also believe that this poem is his feelings and emotions of young love with Annabel Lee and how he can never forget her.(HOMEWORK 3/18/13)

No comments:

Post a Comment