Forsaking My Love 

I hate you
I wish to tear you away from me
This tumor that clings to my chest
The thing that makes me ache 
That haunts my dreams 
And tears at my desires
You have brought me only pain
My untamed heart
That beast that gnaws at my soul
That pitifully whines
Bringing my mind into unwanted pain
Yet how can I blame you
How can I chastise you when I listen intently to your pleas
Why should I punish you for what my eyes feed upon
How can I blame my eyes for falling upon her
She who brings light to the eternal darkness of my soul
She whose eyes bring me to subjection
Whose smile leaves me in awe
How can I blame you when my ears are met with her laughter
How they submerge into her song
How they quiver at her voice
Why should I punish you for inclining my soul
Tempting it with the one sense that has been forsaken by her
How could I look over the thought of the brushing of lips
The touching of hands
The binding of the soul, mind, and body
O you wretched heart
What am I to do with this constant companion
How could I tear you away
When she is the cause of my agony
Or rather 
It is the lack of her which brings me sorrow
It is the need for her that leaves my heart in pain
Yet she is not mine
She was never mine
She will never be mine
O my poor heart
How can I make you see reason
When all you do is show me the truth
Forsaking my love
-Michael Silver
***
          After reading this poem "Forsaking my love" by  "Micheal Silver" I feel very bad and am upset for the author of this poetry because he once loved a girl and thought she was all his life but then she was actually with someone else. I also feel bad for the author because he is blaming himself for loving the girl who wasn't his.The author as well is talking about how he is heartbroken that he loved her but at the end her true identity was shown that she might have been with someone else or wasn't really in love with him. Also I as well think that the author is writing about his own experience of loving a girl who never noticed him and he got heartbroken once he saw her with someone else. Ever since that moment the girl has broken his heart and made him depressed.While on the same time he is blaming himself for loving her . He is blaming her that he loves her when he says, "Yet how can I blame you ,How can I chastise you when I listen intently to your pleas, Why should I punish you for what my eyes feed upon, How can I blame my eyes for falling upon her" in this line he is saying how can he blame the girl when he was the one that looked at her and feel in love with her from her looks and her beauty isn't her fault it is his for falling for her. This is one way of how he blames him self for loving her. The author says "Yet she is not mine, She was never mine,She will never be mine"this might show that the author is heartbroken and maybe has a low status because he says that he will never have a chance with this girl he loves allot  Lastly he shows that he is depressed and heartbroken when he says "It is the lack of her which brings me sorrow, It is the need for her that leaves my heart in pain" this shows one way how he is depressed that she isn't with him her not presence to him makes him feel upset and heartbroken. (HOME WORK 3/12/13)

Why I Love You

You give to me hope
And help me to cope
When life pulls me down
You bring me around

You teach me to care
And help me to share
You make me honest
With kindness the best

From you I learned love
With grace from above
It's for you I live
And I want to give

You are the reason
That fills each season
When I hear love I think of you
You are my world and best friend too

I love you because you are so kind, thoughtful and caring
I love you because you are so pleasant, lovely and sharing

You made me the man I am
Thank you
------Udiah

Why I love you.
Udiah
***
         I enjoyed reading this poem because it was short,sweet and to the poem. It was more like a thank you poem to read talking about a boy writing about how the girl he loves changed his life. He is as well expressing his love for the girl he loves by thanking her for being kind to him.loving him,taking care of him, encouraging him and as well being their for him. This is illuminated when the author says "I love you because you are so kind, thoughtful and caring, I love you because you are so pleasant, lovely and sharing" in these two lines he is thanking the girl for being kind for him and he is stating the flaws of why he loves her as well. Also he says "You give to me hope" this proves to me the love that the girl provides the author  She supports him and doesn't leave him all alone. This reminds me of my best friend and my cousin because they are always their for me and in no matter what situation they are always by my side supporting me and this helps me compare to the girl the author is writing about. I as well think the author is writing about his own experience because he is the speaker in the poem and like Asia wrote "Breathe in memories,breath out poetry" :) (HOME WORK 3/12/13)

Without You

my soul screams your name,
my mind always thinks about you,
my life is useless without you,
without you im homless,
without you im worthless,
being around you is worth everything,
the sight of you makes my heart race,
my heart whispers your name,
i'll do anything for you just to have you here with me. 
----------Jason Grant
Without You
Jason Grant
***
                   After reading the poem "Without you" I felt an empty space inside of me and I felt very lonely because the author is writing about someone he lost and without that someone he isn't complete. I think the author is writing about a loss of a family member or a person he misses. I think this because the author says "Without you....." this is proving to me that he is saying when your not with me I am for example lonely . Also the author is describing that this person he misses is very special to him because he is always thinking of he/she,their life is useless without him.she and when the author is with that person he/she means everything to them. This reminds me of Bella in Twilight because she says in the book when Edward is leaving her "Love,life meaning....over" when she says this she is trying to prove that Edward made her feel important and when he leaves her she will be useless. What I have learned in this poem is that their is at times important person in each person's live that makes them feel important and special.(HOME WORK 3/12/13)

No comments:

Post a Comment