Top 10 Poems

After reading a mess of poems this is what I got for my top 10 poems :)

10. The Quiet World By:Jeffrey McDaniel
9.Why I Greet Woman By: Gajanan Mishra
8.04 Tongues Made Of Glass By:Shaun Shane
7.Annabel Lee By:Edgar Allen Poe
6.Couple At Coney Island By:Charles Simic
5.I Have No Power By :Nizar Qabbani
4.My Teacher Wasn't Half As Nice As Yours Seems To Be By: Roald Dahl
3.Driven To Madness (a love poem) By:Sean Schuffer
2.Men By:Maya Angelou
1. Television By:Roald Dahl
          I think I have always loved love,romantic,happy and rhyming poems. I hate it when a poem is so long and the the last two lines are what the author is trying to say. I just like it when it is short,sweet and to the plot but, in a cute and conclusive way. What I mean by a cute way as in a way that will keep the reader keep thinking of the poem even after they read it. I think I like romantic poems and poems that are straight out because I am the type of person that likes things being straight out to me. I don't like reading something that keeps on repeating  itself until the end.Also I am as well at times the romantic type because I like happy endings were everyone gets what they want and I love cute saying like"You are the only one who holds the key to my heart" or things like that. I as well think it is because I truly love Twilight so maybe because I am so attracted to stories of love I like reading about it so much. To me poetry has to be honest and direct like the Yana said. The best poetry is the poetry that is written from the heart. This helps other readers relate to the poem and feel like they are in the speaker's shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment