True beauty

True beauty is in the way she laughs
True beauty is in her eyes
True beauty is how she acts
True beauty is inside
True beauty is unseen
True beauty is only felt
True beauty is not mean
True beauty is herself
True beauty can't be cruel
True beauty is bare
True beauty within you
True beauty is always there
True Beauty can't be covered with makeup
True beauty means true love
True beauty can't be baked up
True beauty is the flight of a dove
True beauty has no flaws
For True beauty is all that matters after all
----------------------Jean Pullman
True Beauty
Jean Pullman
***
                                                               Beauty lies within a person. After reading the poem "True beauty" by "Jean Pullman" I think that the idea of the poem is that a person's true beauty lies within them, from the inside not from how the look on the outside. This is best portrayed when the speaker say "True beauty is how she acts,True beauty is inside, True beauty is unseen" this best illuminates how beauty is shown from a person's actions words but not from their looks. A person can be considered ugly to you but really, they might be the most beautiful person to another person because of how they act,talk and treat other people. Beauty is best shown from actions and in my culture when you are polite and your actions are good it shows how beautiful a person really is and if they would be a good bride or groom . It isn't like a girl who wears make up and makes fun of other girls for how they look like when she really is the ugly one. Also when the speaker says "True beauty can't be covered with make up" best proves that one day your beauty will shine and one who curses and acts mean can never make them selves beautiful with make up. Their evil side will always show. Also when the speaker says this it makes me think that one day who ever gets bullied will be noticed and their beauty will shine in front of everyone one day. I also think that the speaker in general is a a female or male talking about what beauty is. It isn't specified in the poem. I as well lastly think that the poem is cheerful and happy because of the use of diction. When the words "true, beauty,unseen, love ,dove, within and you areused because they are all positive words it makes the poem cheerful and happy.(HOMEWORK 3/25/13)

1 comment:

  1. I am Jean the autjor of true beauty and you got it right that is why I wrote the poem to show that true beauty lies within. Someome messaged me on my poem account about a school project and using my poem i dont know if that was you but this is cool. I am flattered. I am a girl by the way and I was bullied when young but that changed as I got older. This is awesome thanks for supporting my poetry.

    ReplyDelete